Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Lineage of Grace

Have you ever had a situation in life where you just couldn't see anything good coming from it? How about a situation where you just don't understand what is going on at all? Or maybe you've been judged, looked down on, or lonely as a result of sin. Maybe you've made such a huge mistake that you think you could never reach God's forgiveness again. Or maybe God just put some trial in your life that others don't understand.
These situations are just a little look at what some of the women in the Bible went through during their lives. Recently, I've been doing a Bible study, and it has been so eye opening. I want to take the next several posts and share these thoughts with you. The study comes from the five women mentioned in the line of Christ in Matthew 1. The women would have been considered insignificant in Bible times, but God used them in amazing ways!
Why study these specific women? I heard a sermon on them a couple years ago, and it has had such and impact on me. It's something I have never forgotten. So I decided to take a deeper look at them. God has truly blessed me in this study, showing me how great He is each and every step of the way. So stayed tuned in. I can't wait to share with you what I have learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment