Friday, March 29, 2013

Priceless

Have you seen those commercials? You know, hiking boots - $30, Tents - $90, Food - $120. A camping trip with the family - priceless.

Romans 12 tells us many different characteristics of love. Some can be found in verse 9-10. "Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;"

Honor. What is honor? Someone who recently spoke in my Sunday school class described it as "to see one as priceless." I thought this was very interesting. We walk around putting a price tag on people. Oh, they're only worth 15 minutes of my time. Oh, she can only hang out with me in private. He's only worth half of my effort. And these are people we call friends!

But Jesus looked at me, His enemy, and he gave me a price tag. It says, "Priceless." Jesus gave up his throne, his home, his friends, his family, and ultimately his life. He paid the price with His blood, something we could never pay back. It is priceless. Jesus saw you and me as worth all this! The Bible tells us to love others as Christ loved us. So, how about it? Do you love others like Christ loves us? Do you see others as priceless?

No comments:

Post a Comment