Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Same God Here, Same God There

This summer has been the greatest summer of my life. I cannot even begin to explain all the things that God has been teaching me this summer, but it is my goal to share one of those things today. 

So on a typical week here at the Wilds, the campers get here on Monday, and they leave on Saturday. It's amazing to see what the campers learn all week long. It's also amazing to see the decisions they make. They let go of long time bitterness. They change their attitudes. They get rid of ungodly living and friends....right here in the shelter of the Wilds. You see, here, it's easy to serve God. It's easy to do what is right because everyone else is doing it too. But then you go home. Back to the bad influences, ungodly friends, and worldly living. At the end of a camp week, I find myself wishing I could go home with the campers, but then God reminds me of something. This same God goes home with them! They can keep these same decisions because God is the same here and there. 

It's easy to get on an emotional, spiritual high at camp, but that doesn't have to be only at camp or in whatever given spiritual setting. God is always the same. Rest in that fact, and stay close to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment