Thursday, September 26, 2013

Only Two Things that Matter

Just this morning, one of my friends passed away. He was only 23 years old. This is just two years older than I am now, and he was doing something I do almost every week and more so at home: driving in a car. 

When someone so close to your age dies, it makes you realize the brevity of life, and the importance of living a life that counts. So, what am I really living for? 

This summer at camp one of my friends said this: "There are only two things that matter in this life, God and people." 

As I go throughout my days, I want to remember that I'm here to love God and others, no matter what that cost may be. It may not be easy. It may not be convenient. It may not always be what I feel like doing. But in the end, it will be totally worth it. 

I can honestly say that my friend loved God and loved his campers this summer. He was a true example of the joy found in serving Jesus Christ. Though he is not with us any longer, I know God will use his life and his death to bring glory to Himself. (By the way, I know my friend doesn't want to come back here!) 

I pray that at the end of my life, whether it's tomorrow or 50 years from now, I will have a testimony of a genuine love for God and people. 

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear about your friend, praying for you and his family

    ReplyDelete