Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Best Day Ever!

"Did you have the best day of your life?"

The text pops up on my iPhone. 

Ha. Today, the best day? I think not. There are so many days that could be better than this one. 

This is my attitude over and over again, every single time she asks me. 

But it's not the attitude that I should have. 

The mental image that pops up whenever I see that text is Rapunzel in Tangled. "Best Day Ever!" She screams as she flies around the tree. But the next second, she is crying like it's the worst day of her life.

Aren't we like that sometimes? One moment is phenomenal! And the next, you just want to crawl in bed and stay there forever. 

Each day is different. Some days are good. Some days are not so good. Some days are just ordinary and boring. So how do you go about making today the best day of your life? Here are a couple ideas that make any day better. 

1. Spend time with God. I'm convinced that this is the best way to start your day. Just get your Bible out. Read it. Talk to God, and let God talk to you. I promise it won't be wasted time. 

2. Invest in someone else. Talk to them. Get to know them. What makes them tick? Show them love. Reach out. Smile. There are simple ways to invest. 

3. Coffee. Okay, with coffee, you just can't go wrong. Drink a cup. Preferrably during your God and I time. 

4. Smile/Laugh. Smiling brightens anyone's day, including your own. Laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds. Laughing with someone you love: it doesn't get much better than that. 

5.  Be organized. Make that to do list. Get it done. But...

6. Be flexible. Even with your to do list, your day probably isn't going to go the way you think it will. Roll with it. If you're plans are messed up, that's okay!

7. Love life. Psalms tells us, "This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it." Do you love life today? I hope so. God gave you another sunrise. Another chance to make a difference. Just enjoy the day that God has given you. 

This list is not all-inclusive. I'm sure you could add any number of things to make today the best day ever. What would it be for you? Do it. Have the best day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment