Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Contentment

"Are you ready to head back to school?" this has been the dreaded question that I have been asked for the last two weeks. My response with a laugh, "No, not really." but inside my heart is screaming, "No, I don't want to go!"

After this summer, I became very discontent with the idea of going back to school. This summer was amazing. I got to coach and play games. I met new people. I gained godly friends. I was saturated with God's Word day and night. It was easy to do right. I saw God change life after life including my own. And now, back to school. But this is exactly the attitude that will get me in trouble.

In Philippians 4, Paul says this, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, there with to be content."

I think that we all know what it means to be discontent. We are not satisfied with whatever situation we are in. We could want things; we could want more friends or a dating relationship. We can even want something good, but it's just not God's timing right now. Contentment is realizing that I have everything I need in Christ wherever He has me at this point in my life. 

For me, this is what I have to apply as I go back to school. Because, in all honesty, I'm just ready to be done! But this is where God wants me right now. I am here to finish what I started. Even though my ministry at school is not the same as the Wilds, I still have a ministry and a responsibility to do all to His glory. It all has to start with this contentment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment