Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Faithful to Fail

Recently, I've been reminded of my own failures. I get up and get going throughout my day soon to realize I spent no time with Jesus this morning. I say an unkind word. I think the worst of someone. I'm not loving God or others the way I ought to be. What happened? How did I forget? Everything was going great just a few days ago! 

Over and over again I realize that I am consistently faithful in one area:

Failure.

I make mistakes. I forget about my Savior. I lack faith. I disobey. I sin.

But God...

He never makes mistakes. He never forgets about me. He loves me even when I run from Him. He is waiting with open arms when I come back just like the story of the Prodigal Son. He never fails. 

We can be assured in the hope of God's faithfulness. He will never let us down. He is always faithful to you and me. When it seems like all you do is fail, rest in the faithfulness of God. 

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. - Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment