Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"I've Got It"

Overwhelming.

This is the one word I would choose to describe the last month of school before summer. I'm a junior on college studying elementary education. So for me, that means philosophy papers, book critiques, and peer teachings. I always heard students say that junior year is the hardest, but being a sophomore nursing major before, I didn't believe that for one second...until I got back from a relaxing weekend at home.

I sat down, looked at my schedule and realized I had no idea how I was going to get everything done. So what did I do? I began to make lists. I developed a plan. I checked my calendar, and I got a little grumpy. What I didn't realize was that I was forgetting the most important thing - God.

Psalm 61:1-2 says, "Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

God wants us to cry out to Him whether it's for something as small as school stress or something as major as financial or physical stress. He is there to help us, and He helped me more than I even thought of.

Finally, I sat down to read my Bible onMonday morning..after my panic attack on Sunday night. And I prayed,and I asked God to help me to be diligent and to get my work done. I got up and went back to work. I went to classes and work. In chapel,our president of the college announced that he was giving us a day off of classes!

And God told me, “See, I've got it under control.”

Now, even though that day has come and gone, and much was accomplished, I still have a lot more to do. But I know God will help me through. Sometimes, He shows us He is there in big obvious ways, but many times God says, “I've got it. Trust me,”in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment