Saturday, April 27, 2013

Making a Difference


Time to make a check on my bucket list – 5K Race.

The most awesome part about it is that it wasn't just a race for me. It was a race for missions! I'm so blessed to go to a school that loves and serves God and chooses to make a difference. This was exactly our theme for the run. Jude 22 says, “And of some having compassion making a difference.” My school presented this run as a support for two different missionaries in Uganda and the Philippines. They are both working with orphanages. All of the money received from this race is going to them. Soon, they can feed even more children and share the love of Jesus Christ with these precious little ones.

While I was running, I kept pushing myself. If these missionaries can leave everything behind and go serve God, I can run to support them. It's the least I could do! It seems so small in the scheme of eternity to just go run 3.1 miles, but if this can impact just one person's eternity, it's completely worth it. It's time to get out there and make a difference!   

No comments:

Post a Comment