Saturday, April 26, 2014

A New Favorite Book!

I found a new favorite book! And you're going to love it too!

Kisses from Katie is Katie Davis's true story of her work in Uganda as a missionary. She founded a non-profit organization ministry called Amazima. She adopted 13 girls. She wrote a book. She did all this, and she's still in her mid-twenties! Her story is simply amazing. I would challenge anyone to pick up this book and read it; it will change your life! 

The thing about Katie's example in this book is that it's real. She knows her God. She loves Jesus more than anything else. The words practically jump off the pages just to tell you it is possible. It is possible to love Jesus with everything. It is possible to give Jesus everything. Past, present, future. You can give Him your life. You can trust Him with it. 

If I were to list everything that I learned from this book, you'd be reading the whole book from this blog post. I don't want to give the whole thing away; you'll have to get a copy for yourself (By the way, here's the link: http://www.amazima.org/katiesbook.html). All that to say, I just want to share with you one of my favorite parts of the book. 

"I am just an ordinary person. An ordinary person serving an extraordinary God" (pg. 118). 

Katie gets it. She just does. God is so real to her. Yet she is still humble. See the thing is we can do any of this on our own, but God can. He calls us to do things that we could never do on our own because He wants us to trust Him. We just have to decide whether or not we are going to take that step of faith. When God says, "Go," what will you do? What will I do? Will I look at my own abilities or inabilities? Or will I look at the greatness of my God? My God who says, "I will never leave you or forsake you." Will I say, "No, I can't"? Or will I say, "I can't, but You can"? 

"I am just an ordinary person. An ordinary person serving an extraordinary God."

No comments:

Post a Comment