Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bigger than the Storm

As I sit here in my dorm room, I hear the thunder crashing out side my window. Sometimes, it's louder than a crash. It's more like an explosion of the clouds. Lightning brightens the already lit room. Rain splatters the glass in a disorganized fashion. The wind can be heard rushing around this hurricane proof building. It almost seems as if the whole sky is about to fall.

http://www.freepik.com/free-photo/lightning--energy_603091.htm
Anyone who knows me knows that storms aren't really my thing. By the way, it makes studying for finals difficult.

But as I sit here, my body tense with each slight sound. God reminds me of something. He reminds me that He created the sky. He reminds me that He sent a storm, a flood to destroy everything as it was. He allowed Jonah to be thrown into a storm-tossed sea. He allowed Peter to walk across roaring waves. He allowed Paul to face a storm that resulted in a shipwreck. He stepped out on the edge of a small fishing boat and said "Peace, be still."

God reminds me that He is bigger than this storm.

He's stronger than the wind that knocks down trees and buildings. His voice speaks louder than the thunder that echos in my mind. His blessings fall heavier than the downpour outside my window. His love shines brighter than the lightning that fills my room. My God is so much bigger...and better...than this storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment