Monday, April 28, 2014

In the End, There Is a Beginning

It's a time of lasts for me. The last midterms were this semester. The last Bible conference here on campus. My last undergrad classes. The last final exams. The last time I get to hang out with my best friend and see her every day. The last shift at my current job. The last time that I have something called free time...at least for awhile. Despite all of these "lasts," I've noticed something.

In the end, there is a beginning.

I have so much to look forward to. I am about to start my 22nd year of life. I begin a second summer at camp in a few weeks. I get to start my student teaching in the fall. I get my very first class. I get a new job too. My best friend is starting law school. And I can't wait to see what God has for me in the future!

Because the end is not the end. It's just a new beginning.

What's ending in your life? Maybe you're moving to a new place. Maybe someone is leaving you. Maybe you're simply advancing to the next grade. Maybe it's a new job. Maybe it's the loss of a loved one. I don't know what ending you are going to be facing soon, but embrace it as a beginning. Don't let fear of change keep you from enjoying whatever it is that God has next for you in this life. But you know what the cool thing is? It doesn't just end in this life. We will all come to a time where this point in our life will end. We will stop existing on this earth. But it's a new beginning. If you know Jesus Christ as your Savior, you have the greatest adventure yet to come: an eternity with Jesus Christ. You're ending indeed is a wonderful beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment