Thursday, March 6, 2014

Because God is Enough

The thing that makes God so amazing is His character. It's what make Him God. It's the way we know who He is and what He does. But what does His character mean to us? God is love, but how does that change the way you live? God is holy. What does it mean to you?

I'd like to start a series of posts on how God's character can motivate us in the little things in life. This isn't going to be a series that is posted on every day. It may be awhile in between them sometimes, but I'd like to challenge you to take your own study of God and do something like this.

One of my absolute favorites about God is that He is sufficient. That's a big word that simply means He is enough. I want to take a few minutes and show you what it means when you truly believe that God is enough for you.

Colossians 2:10a - And ye are complete in Him...

Because God is enough...

  1. I don't have to worry about my salvation.
  2. I don't have to work my way to heaven.
  3. I don't need a boyfriend.
  4. I don't have to be accepted by my peers or anyone else.
  5. I don't need lots of stuff.
  6. I don't need a lot of money.
  7. I don't have to change my appearance to please other people.
  8. I don't have to worry about the future.
  9. I don't have to sin.
  10. I don't need to use anything else (food, drink, boys, cutting, add your own) for my satisfaction.
  11. I don't have to live with guilt of the past.
  12. I can trust that He will never let me down.
  13. I can spend time talking and listening to only Him.
  14. I can make it through the storms of life.
  15. He is everything to me.


This list could go on and on, just like the rest of them that are posted in the future could. I just hope that you will take a few minutes and reflect on our God. See Him for who He is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment