Monday, March 31, 2014

Missing God

Have you ever really missed someone? It's really not been that long since you've talked to him. Just a few days. You just wish you could see him again. It feels like it's been forever, but it's only been a week! You just want to sit down and talk to him face to face.

We value our relationships with other people so, so much.

But have you ever just missed God?

It hasn't really been that long since you've talked to Him. Just a few days. You wish you could see Him again. It feels like it's been forever, but it's only been a week! You just want to sit down and talk to Him face to face.

Jeremiah 29:13 says, "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

I just love this verse because it tells me that I don't have to go around missing God. He says that He is there, and when I search for Him, I will find Him. I can find Him in His Word. I can find Him in prayer. I can find His hand in all kinds of little ways throughout my day.

You know, we may not be able to sit across from the coffee table with God face to face right now. But He did let us know that He is right there for us all the time. And one day, hopefully soon, we will be able to talk to God face to face. If you know Jesus Christ as your Savior, you will get to be with Him every day for...well, forever. You won't ever miss Him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment