Monday, March 3, 2014

Why I've Been Silent

To answer the question as to why it's been awhile since I've posted I could say it in one word: trials.

Does it ever seem like you are just drowning? Maybe it's as if you know God is there, but you don't know where to find Him. To be very transparent with you, that's where I've been for the last week or so. God saw fit to bring some things into my life where I just had no idea what was going on, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to control it.

But many times that's exactly where God wants us.

He wants us to be in a place where we can totally rely on Him, and He wants to show us that He is in control. He is faithful. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He won't let us down. Ever.

This week I was reminded of Job (even though my problems are no where close to what his were!). Job went through trial after trial and had no clue what was going on in his life. He didn't know that God allowed Satan to test his character. He knew a few things for certain though. 1) He lost practically everything. 2) God was still in control.

Read these verses from Job 23:8-9.

Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Job knew that God was at work. He didn't know what was going on. He could not even see where God was, but he still trusted Him. Wow. To have faith like that of Job...

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him. - Job 13:15a

No comments:

Post a Comment