Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Evidence of Love

Sometimes the greatest evidence of love is seen in the little things. It's getting a hand-written note. It's a text message to remind you of a favorite memory. It's having someone just listen to a story at the end of a long day. It's a smile, a hug, a kiss goodnight. These are the things that let us know we are loved. 

Sometimes the greatest evidence of God's love for you is seen in the little things. We know that God loves us because He says so in His Word. But sometimes, we don't really believe it. And then, God answers a prayer. Just a little one. One that doesn't matter to anyone else in the world. One that's not even for you, "Help her to get a 100 on a quiz today." 

And she does!

When I heard this girl give a praise for her 100 on a specific quiz I prayed for, I was shocked! My heart leaped with joy. He heard me! I leaned over to her and whispered, "I prayed for a 100 this morning." 

God never ceases to amaze me. 

Answered prayers are one of the greatest gifts that God could ever give us. When He answers those little things that may not seem to matter to anyone else, we know that He loves us specifically. In something as small as a quiz, God still cares. 

But what about those times when it seems like prayers are not being answered? Check out Luke 18:1-8. It's a great parable on the importance of being persistent in prayer. Sometimes, God may have you wait for awhile. He wants to draw you closer to Him. He's doing it because He loves you. He may say, "wait," but it's still an answer. 

I challenge you to pray for your little things, believing that God will truly answer. You will see just how wonderful our God is when you see His hand in your everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment