Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How Much Do You Want It?

In playing our most recent volleyball game for my collegian, our coach told us this, "The team that wants it more is going to win. It all comes down to how much you want it." 

By this point of the game, the damages was done. It was 14 to 8 in the last game of a volleyball match that was only to go to 15. But we brought the score up to 13 to 14. We ended up losing the game by one point. 

But these words from my coach still crossed my mind this morning almost 2 weeks later. 

I've been reading a book called Loving God with All Your Mind. I highly recommend it for you ladies out there! It is excellent. The author spoke of how much we really love God on a day to day basis. I couldn't help but think that a working relationship with God all comes down to how much you want it. This is true of any relationship. The difference in our relationship with God as opposed to any other person is that we know He will always want a relationship with us. He always wants you! But how badly do you want Him?

A relationship takes work. Walking with Jesus is going to mean early mornings, self-sacrifice, and sometimes doing things you just don't feel like doing. How much do you want Jesus?


Psalm 42:1 - As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment