Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful Saturday

Since I missed thankful Thursday this week, I'm having a thankful Saturday!

This Saturday, I'm thankful for my family. I was able to take a weekend trip home, and tonight we are celebrating Thanksgiving. The tables are set. Everyone will be here soon. I'm so blessed! 

With all the craziness that goes on for planning a meal, it's easy to forget to be thankful for just the time that you have with the people you love. There may be frustrations with cooking, cleaning, and little kids, but that's ok. Because in the end, it's not the food that matters. It's not whether or not your house is clean. It's not even a matter of if the kids are going to behave! 

It's all about being thankful for whomever and whatever God has placed in your life. It could be the best circumstances possible; it could be the worst circumstances ever. But we still ought to be thankful. I'm so thankful for this time with my family. 

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 
1 Thessalonians 5:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment